Thursday, April 4, 2019

Getting to know each other

Claudio Telha M. is the only son of my parents. Unfortunately, my father passed away some years ago after a sudden disease, but my mother is alive and kicking, healthy and smiling. My father came from Europe after World War II and my mother travelled from Chiloé to Santiago where they met and  got married. This information may be irrelevant to you, but to me it meant to grow up without uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, granparents and so on....

When I was a teenager, I enjoyed going to the cinema, hanging out with my few, but good friends, collecting stamps, reading books and magazines....

I studied in Liceo Valentín Letelier and then I went to the university (Universidad de Chile)  where I enjoyed wonderful moments. I became a teacher of English--both social and scientific English. There I met the girl of my life, we got married and after a couple of years we became parents of a son and a daughter. My son is an engineer, lived in Brussels, Belgium for some years, he is engaged with a Romanian girl he met in Brussels and now he is back in Chile;  my daughter is also an engineer now happily married; my son-in-law is an engineer as well; they live in Santiago.

I started giving classes of English in the Fac. of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences quite a long time ago. For about forty years I have been giving classes of Scientific English and from time to time Social English as well.

As I said above, as a single son, I have no brothers nor sisters, but now  I have my wife's relatives,  my son-in-law's relatives, Faculty friends and a large number of students who have been under my care along all these years, who have become, in a way, part of my family as well.

Now it's your turn:


Tell me about you; include information such as birthplace, studies, family, hobbies, ...
Include image(s) or photograph(s)

Number of words: 120 (minimun)
Make comments on 3 of your classmates' posts and a comment on the teacher's post.

39 comments:

  1. Nice post, i really liked it! Always is too much interesting for me to meet people who have differents origins and a varided culture arround them. Hope know you a little bit more. i´ll be reading you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gonzalo,
      Thank you. Our family is probably a gift we have... let's take good care of our relatives and cherish our days with them.
      See you,

      Delete
  2. wow your blog is amazing continue like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. your post is very interesting!! I'm so happy for your son's visit,
    I hope you have beautiful days together :) I liked reed a new post to you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa,
      Families are important in our lives... let's take good care of them.
      See you,

      Delete
  4. It´s very interesting to know the life of the people, thanks for sharing your life with us!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catalina,
      Reading one another post is enriching for all of us... Thank you.
      See you,

      Delete
  5. well, you post is amazing, i love that you met the love, i hope reading most about you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      My family is precious to me...: we all love our families. Thank you.
      See you,

      Delete

  6. The life of your family and of you seemed very interesting to me, especially the life that your father lived and the problems that I imagine he had to go through during the period of the Second World War.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Divo,
      Going through the war is certainly an experience that affects people one way or the other...
      See you,

      Delete
  7. It is interesting your historical life and to know about our English teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Albert,
      It's nice to know a bit about one another...
      See you,

      Delete
  8. You have a quite diverse and good life in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jovita,
      I guess that when you are old enough, you can display a wide number of interesting and not so interesting facts about your life.
      See you,

      Delete
  9. I never imagine that you were the only son of your parents. It's very interesting to me meet the life of another people! I'll be reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole,
      This is a good opportunity to learn about each other.
      See you,

      Delete
  10. your story is very interesting, specially origin of your father, you are really lucky to have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mónica,
      I'm sure we all have interesting facts in our families...
      See you,

      Delete
  11. Having family in different parts involves many trips, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ariel,
      That's a good point... I also like it.
      See you,

      Delete
  12. your post is amazing, your family is very interesting with many professionals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leandro,
      Nice to know you liked it... Posts permit to learn a bit more about ourselves...
      See you,

      Delete
  13. Interesting, is nice to know more about you, Professor. About your stamps collection, can you share with us a photo ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tómas,
      I'll do it in another post...
      See you,

      Delete
  14. It´s really awesome know more about your life. I hope your family and you are pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eduardo,
      Life always implies ups and downs... Thank you for your best wishes.
      See you,

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danae,
      I accidentally deleted your comment... I read it, thank you for your words.
      See you,

      Delete
  16. It is very good to know its history, Teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniel,
      It is always nice to learn about each other...
      See you,

      Delete
  17. Wow it's wonderful, i would like to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I didn't expect it, his type of life is very interesting in for all aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Reading your history, it is evident that you have had a great life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guillermo,
      Ups and downs my friend, but yes... so far so good.
      See you,

      Delete

  20. your story is very beautiful, you have a nice family.

    ReplyDelete